NOTARY ALERT – Please Read!
We’re taking a proactive approach to help make the borrower(s) feel at ease as they welcome people into their homes for notary appointments. Notary On The Way, along with our clients and other signing agencies have come together to discuss how to prevent and protect against the current COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic across the nation. Below are the safeguards we require to take place at each and every signing during this time to keep everyone safe. These preventative measures ensure the safety of both the notary and our borrowers:
- Do not accept the signing if you are experiencing any symptoms
- If the borrower is experiencing symptoms and you’re concerned about taking the signing, please contact all involved parties (lender, loan officer and settlement officer) to discuss
- All parties must sanitize their hands before and after the signing
- Wipe pens down with alcohol swabs before handing them to the borrower or ask borrower to sign with their own pens.
- Do not lick fingers to flip pages – use rubber fingers
- Avoid shaking hands
- Keep a safe 6-8 feet distance
- Have tissues readily available for coughs and sneezes
- Kindly decline any food or drinks offered by the borrower
- Use latex gloves for you and your borrower if it makes anyone feel more comfortable
- Stay informed and stay safe